• Tips and Strategies for the first hour and a half, followed by exams from a number of sources.
• Target, focus on time management, best ways to approach different sections. Different tests as if in real exam mode, followed by corrections and explanations.
• Reading Skills what to look out for, how to organise yourself, what you should focus on.
• Feedback on corrections, look over mistakes what should be improved. Go over sections that students have the most difficulty with.
• Last look at tips and strategies, go through exams together see where students make most of their mistakes, pinpoint errors.
• Provide useful tips and strategies to achieve higher IELTS scores
• Correct common mistakes in an IELTS test (Both General Training and Academic Test)
Who should attend?
• Students who already booked the test or going to take the test soon
• Students who want to improve reading skill
Requirement: Current IELTS Reading Score ≥ 6.5
Duration: 6 hours including 30-minute lunch break
When: Express your interest
Where: Suite 202, 332 Pitt St, Sydney 2000
Class size: 6 – 12 Students
Contact us at email@example.com or call us at 02 9283 9892 for more information
• This program does not include 30-minute lunch break. If the lunch break is included, the workshop will finish at 3:30pm
• The program of the workshop may be slightly adjusted to fit the individual needs of the students in class.
Adriana has a Bachelor degree in Arts in Romanian and English Language and Literature from Transilvania University, Brasov, Romania. She also hold a Certificate IV in TESOL, CELTA Qualification as well as Certificate for Training and Assessment.
Adriana is originally from Romania. She been passionate about learning and teaching languages since childhood. Over the past ten years she has been working as a teacher and translator of medical English. She worked in public schools in Romania teaching general English and in vocational schools teaching English for the tourism and hospitality industry. While in the Czech Republic she also taught exam English. In Australia she has been teaching general English and also IELTS.
Danny is originally from Switzerland and moved to Australia in 2006. He completed the First Certificate in English (FCE) in 2003, followed by the IELTS in 2009 with an overall band score of 8.5. Furthermore, Danny graduated from AMP College of Business and Communication with an Advanced Diploma of Marketing as well as a Diploma in Business Management.
Having been working in a Marketing position for the worldwide market leader in construction materials Danny also teaches IELTS Preparation Course in Sydney Language Solutions and other colleges. His enthusiasm in helping people preparing for IELTS along with his authentic experience in the IELTS Examination has helped a lot of his students in improving themselves for IELTS.
1. Check Your English Vocabulary for IELTS: All You Need to Pass Your Exams. This workbook provides material to revise and build the vocabulary needed to pass the IELTS examination. It contains activities to help students prepare for the general training or academic modules of the IELTS exam. It comes with instructions and combines both self-study and classroom exercises.
2. Collins COBUILD Keywords for IELTS: Book 2. These vocabulary books are unique in that the vocabulary items are organized alphabetically, in a dictionary style, and words are clearly labelled according to topic. Hundreds of vocabulary-building features, synonyms, phrases and collocations help students to enrich their vocabulary and increase their accuracy and fluency. Key terms from the Academic Word List are also covered. To help students consolidate what they have learnt, the title also includes a thematic word list section, organized according to topics that frequently appear in the IELTS exams.
1. What is the purpose of the program?
The program is designed to help students develop their language skills to prepare for their IELTS Test. This workshop will provide students useful tips to achieve higher IELTS Reading score and correct student common mistakes in an IELTS Reading test.
2. What is the English level required for the students of the program?
We recommend you should only join this workshop if your current IELTS Score in Reading is at least 6.5 or 7 marks.
3. Who is suitable to enrol the program?
For those who have achieved 6.5 or 7 in IELTS Reading, this will be an especially suitable program for you.
This course is also suitable for students who have already booked the test or are going to take the test soon
4. What is the content of the program?
The program is a very student-oriented and flexible program. Besides the essential strategies for the IELTS reading test, students are also provided the time management skill, how to organise yourself and what should be focus on. Moreover, there is feedback on corrections, look over mistake to improve and go over sections that students have most difficult with.
5. Can we show grammatical errors in our own homework for teachers to mark?
Yes, our teachers can definitely help to explain your individual errors to help improve your reading. Especially in the IELTS Preparation 6-week course, teachers will also give you extra homework to fix your own errors too.