Who is this Coursefor?
The program is designed to help students develop their language skills to prepare for their IELTS Exam. This workshop will provide students useful tips to achieve higher IELTS Writing score and correct student common mistakes in an IELTS Writing test.
The program is a very student-oriented and flexible program. Besides the essential strategies for the IELTS writing test, students are also provided the time management skill, how to organise yourself and what should be focus on. Moreover, there is feedback on corrections, look over mistake to improve and go over sections that students have most difficult with.
Entry Requirement :
We recommend you should only join this course if your current IELTS Score in Writing is at least 6.5 marks. For those who have achieved 6.5 in IELTS Writing, this will be an especially suitable program for you. This course is also suitable for students who have already booked the test or are going to take the test soon
Tips and Strategies for the first hour and a half, followed by mock tests, correction and feedback from the trainer.
- Target, focus on time management, best ways to approach different sections.
- Different tests as if in real exam mode, followed by corrections and explanations.
- Writing Skills: what to look out for, how to organise yourself, what you should focus on.
- Feedback on corrections, look over mistakes what should be improved. Go over sections that students have the most difficulty with.
- Last look at tips and strategies, go through exams together see where students make most of their mistakes, pinpoint errors.
• Provide useful tips and strategies to achieve higher IELTS Writing, Reading, Speaking and Listening Course scores
• Correct common mistakes in an IELTS test (Both General Training and Academic Test)
Who should attend?
• Students who already booked the test or going to take the test soon
• Students who want to improve writing skill
Requirement: Current IELTS Writing Score ≥ 6.5
Greg Nunn has a Bachelor’s Degree in English from Curtin University and a Diploma of Teaching from Edith Cowan University. He also holds a Certificate lV in TESOL and a Certificate lV in Workplace Training and Assessment. He is an internationally experienced teacher and has taught IELTS, TESOL and ELICOS programs for more than thirty years. He is a member of the Australian College of Education.
Greg has managed English Language programs at KIMEP University in Kazakhstan and has taught at the University of Southern Queensland and The University of Western Sydney. As a trainer for the Plain English Foundation in Surry Hills, he taught writing and editing skills to Sydney Water, Commonwealth Banking Group and University of Western Sydney. He is an accomplished writer and editor.
Currently, Greg is teaching IELTS, Business English and ELICOS programs for several colleges in the Sydney CBD. He is also completing a Masters Degree at Sydney University. As a volunteer tutor for Read-Write-Now, Greg works to enhance literacy skills in adult migrants and others who need to improve their reading and writing.
Luis has a Diploma in Spanish Instituto de Cervantes C2 Teaching Level in University of Deusto Bilbao, Spain and a Certificate in TESOL
Luis has worked in different schools before teaching in Sydney Language Solutions. He was once English teacher in International Centre, Velvet School, St Georges English Academy, Drogheeda School in Bilbao, Spain. He is experienced in teaching English as a second language to both adults or children and is an expert in TESOL and IELTS.
Brad is Australian born and graduated in Business Management in Sydney in 1998. He holds an Advanced Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) as well as Certificate IV in Fitness and Health.
Having worked as an Operating Assistant for over 8 years as well as gaining experience in ICU, Accident and Emergency and several hospital wards including Orthopaedic and Cardio Thoracic, Brad has a broad knowledge of the Australian healthcare and hospital system. He has taught Medical, Business and General English here in Australia and also Shanghai, China. Brad brings a fresh and enthusiastic approach to the IELTS curriculum focusing on group participation in a friendly environment.
1. What is the purpose of the program?
The program is designed to help students develop their language skills to prepare for their IELTS Test. This workshop will provide students useful tips to achieve higher IELTS Writing score and correct student common mistakes in an IELTS Writing test.
2. What is the English level required for the students of the program?
We recommend you should only join this workshop if your current IELTS Score in Writing is at least 7 marks.
3. Who is suitable to enrol the program?
For those who have achieved 7 in IELTS Writing, this will be an especially suitable program for you.
This workshop is also suitable for students who have already booked the test or are going to take the test soon
4. What is the content of the program?
The program is a very student-oriented and flexible program. Besides the essential strategies for the IELTS Writing test, students are also provided the time management skill, how to organise yourself and what should be focus on. Moreover, there is feedback on corrections, look over mistake to improve and go over sections that students have most difficult with.
5. Can we show grammatical errors in our own homework for teachers to mark?
Yes, our teachers can definitely help to explain your individual errors to help improve your writing. Especially in the IELTS Preparation 6-week course, teachers will also give you extra homework to fix your own errors too.
1. Check Your English Vocabulary for IELTS: All You Need to Pass Your Exams. This workbook provides material to revise and build the vocabulary needed to pass the IELTS examination. It contains activities to help students prepare for the general training or academic modules of the IELTS exam. It comes with instructions and combines both self-study and classroom exercises.
2. Collins COBUILD Keywords for IELTS: Book 2. These vocabulary books are unique in that the vocabulary items are organized alphabetically, in a dictionary style, and words are clearly labelled according to topic. Hundreds of vocabulary-building features, synonyms, phrases and collocations help students to enrich their vocabulary and increase their accuracy and fluency. Key terms from the Academic Word List are also covered. To help students consolidate what they have learnt, the title also includes a thematic word list section, organized according to topics that frequently appear in the IELTS exams.