SLS offers a 20-hour Vietnamese Beginner 1 Course for those who wish to learn basic conversational Vietnamese for the first time. Available at our convenient Sydney CBD location during weeknights or weekends, our course is ideal for those who work full time.
All language courses come with free training materials and you’ll enjoy our small class sizes for a great interactive learning experience. Upon completion, you’ll also receive a Certificate of Participation.
Who should join this class?
Vietnamese Beginners 1 Students who have no knowledge of the language and want to begin a course of study to be able to communicate with a Vietnamese speaker/partner or friend.
Learners who have no knowledge of the language, wants to begin a course of study and wants to know
simple words and phrases to start communicating with a Vietnamese friend/partner/speaker
Week 1 Greetings
Week 2 Making an Interrogative Sentence
Week 3 Tenses
Week 4 Shopping – Ask Price
Week 5 To express time
Week 6 What time do you get up?
Week 7 How are you these days?
Week 8 Occupation
Week 9 Going to market
Week 10 Giving Commands
What’s special with this course?
The fee includes:
- Teaching materials (Book)
- One free meeting on the Sunday of Week 5 to watch and discuss a Vietnamese movie
- Free access and use of Vietnamese learning software, materials and newspaper at the school and MONTHLY LANGUAGE EXCHANGE MEETUP GROUP as SLS office on first Sunday of every month
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- pronounce all the sounds and tones in Vietnamese
- recognise the tones when listening to a Vietnamese word.
- say hello, goodbye, thank you and greetings
- tell and listen to the time
- say numbers, weeks, months and years
- order food at a restaurant
- ask a receptionist at a hotel
- asking for direction
- get a taxi or buying a train ticket
- bargain in Vietnamese currency
Monday, 30th October from 6:30 – 8:30PM *10% off if paid 2 weeks in advance
Tuesday, 16th January 2018 from 6:30 – 8:30PM *10% off if paid by 02nd January 2018
Textbook: Sydney Language Solutions Teaching Materials for VIETNAMESE BEGINNERS
Some other books and CDs which are recommended to students are:
- Vietnamese for Beginners 1 (Student Book) by Phan Van Giuong
- Teach Yourself Vietnamese Complete Course Package (Book + 2CDs) (TY: Complete Courses) (Paperback) by Dana Healy
- Basic Vietnamese: Learn to Speak and Understand Vietnamese with Pimsleur Language Programs [AUDIOBOOK] (Audio CD) by Simon & Schuster’s Pimsleur
- Colloquial Vietnamese (1 book and 2 CDS) by John Moore and Tuan Duc Vuong
- The enrolment fee must be paid at least one week in advance of the course commencement date.
- All classes need a minimum of 5 students to go ahead.
- If your course does not have enough students, it will be cancelled and you will be informed via SMS or email two days before the starting date. Alternatively, we may re-schedule the course to get more enrolment or still offer the course for 4 students with a slightly higher tuition fee with your agreement.