SLS offers a 20-hour Thai Beginner 1 Course for those who wish to learn basic conversational Thai for the first time. Available at our convenient Sydney CBD location during weeknights or weekends, our course is ideal for those who work full time. All language courses come with free training materials and you’ll enjoy our small class sizes for a great interactive learning experience. Upon completion, you’ll also receive a Certificate of Participation.
Who should take this class?
Thai Beginner 1 Students who have no knowledge of the language, who wants to begin a course of study and to know simple words and phrases to start communicating with a Thai friend/partner/speaker
Week 1 Introduction to Thai Tones and Sound System (Thai Alphabet/Character)
Week 2 Who/What/How
Week 3 Direction
Week 4 Express my Feeling
Week 5 Date & Time
Week 6 What do you want?
Week 7 My body
Week 8 My family
Week 9 At the restaurant
Week 10 Revision
What’s special about this course?
The fee includes:
- Teaching materials (Book)
- Free access and use of Thai learning software, materials and newspaper at the school library.
- Free access to language exchange program at Sydney Language Solutions
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- pronounce all the sounds and tones in Thai
- say hello, goodbye, thank you and greetings
- tell and listen to the time
- say numbers, weeks, months and years
- order food at a restaurant
- ask a receptionist at a hotel
- asking for direction
- get a taxi or buying a train ticket
Thursday, 26th October from 6:30pm – 8:30pm *OPEN FOR ENROLMENT* *10% off if paid by 12th October
No class to suit you? Please JOIN the waiting list and we’ll notify you when a new class is scheduled or if a place becomes available
- The enrolment fee must be paid at least one week in advance of the course commencement date.
- All classes need a minimum of 5 students to go ahead.
- If your course does not have enough students, it will be cancelled and you will be informed via SMS or email two days before the starting date. Alternatively, we may re-schedule the course to get more enrolment or still offer the course for 4 students with a slightly higher tuition fee with your agreement.