The Cantonese for Mandarin Speakers Course is offered for Mandarin Speakers who wish to learn conversational Cantonese. Available at our convenient Sydney CBD location during weeknights, our course is ideal for those who work during the week. Free training materials and small class sizes will make for a great interactive learning experience. Upon completion, you’ll also receive a Certificate of Participation.
Monday, 14th August from 6:30 to 8:30pm *Open for enrolments* 10% off if pay by 31st July
No class to suit you? Please JOIN the waiting list and we’ll notify you when a new class is scheduled or if a place becomes available.
Who should join this course?
* The class is speciallly designed for Mandarin Speakers who wants to learn Cantonese.
* Every student in this class is a fluent speaker of Mandarin.
* You will use Mandarin to learn Cantonese and improve Cantonese in our class.
* This class is NOT the same as the Cantonese for Beginner (in which most students are not Mandarin speaker and they learn slower), it is for students who are fluent Mandarin speakers (as you learn faster given the fact that you are fluent in Mandarin)
What will be taught?
1. You will learn to have conversations in Cantonese, using Hong Kong films and drama videos/CDs.
2. The diffirent situations on the videos will stimulate you to converse in Cantonese.
3. The teacher will teach you all grammatical and structural points to build up sentences to speak in Cantonese.Medium of instructions will be in Mandarin and occasionally English. The class aims to make you fluent in
- Week 1: Cantonese Alphabet & Introducing yourself to others
- Week 2: Locations –Finding your ways & transportation
- Week 3: Making reservations: Telling the time – Numbers – Days of the week – Months of the year
- Week 4: Go to the bank & post office
- Week 5: Call me, and then we go shopping together
- Week 6: At the restaurant
- Week 7: At the hospital – Go to see the doctor
- Week 8: Travelling around – Festivals, Seasons and weather
- Week 9: Asking for help
- Week 10: What do you like and dislike – Leisure activities & Entertainment
- The enrolment fee must be paid at least one week in advance of the course commencement date.
- All classes need a minimum of 5 students to go ahead.
- If your course does not have enough students, it will be cancelled and you will be informed via SMS or email two days before the starting date. Alternatively, we may re-schedule the course to get more enrolment or still offer the course for 4 students with a slightly higher tuition fee with your agreement.