SLS offers a 20-hour Cantonese Beginner 1 Course for those looking to learn basic conversational Cantonese for the first time. Available at our convenient Sydney CBD location during weeknights or weekends, our course is ideal for those who work during the week. All language courses come with free training materials and you’ll enjoy our small class sizes for a great interactive learning experience. Upon completion, you’ll also receive a Certificate of Participation.
Who should join this course?
This ten-week course is specially designed program for those with no prior knowledge of Cantonese. Travelers who will be in China/Hong Kong in couple of months can attend this course. This is a short and intensive course which can provide you not only the languages skills, but some general cultural knowledge. You will learn how to communicate in day to day situations such as small talk, ordering food in a restaurant, shopping and taking public transport. These lessons will help you to accommodate better in China/Hong Kong and enjoy your Cantonese adventure journey.
- Week 1: Pronunciation
- Week 2: Basic Phrases
- Week 3: Introducing yourself & Others
- Week 4: Family
- Week 5: Ordering food
- Week 6: Number, Date & Time
- Week 7: Buying things
- Week 8: Location
- Week 9: Looking for a place & Taking Public Transport
- Week 10: Revision
- At the end of the course, the student will be able to pronounce all the sounds and tones in Cantonese
- recognise the tones when listening to a Cantonese word
- make telephone calls
- say hello, goodbye, thank you and greetings
- tell and listen to the time, say numbers
- order food at a restaurant
- ask the way and take a bus
- ask questions at a post office
- talk about study and work
Wednesday, 17 January 2018 from 06.30-08.30PM * 10% OFF if pay by 05th January 2018
No class to suit you? Please JOIN the waiting list and we’ll notify you when a new class is scheduled or if a place becomes available.
What’s special about this course?
The fee includes:
- Teaching materials (Book)
- Free access and use of Cantonese learning software, materials and newspaper at the school library.
- Free access to language exchange program at Sydney Language Solutions
- The enrolment fee must be paid at least one week in advance of the course commencement date.
- All classes need a minimum of 5 students to go ahead.
- If your course does not have enough students, it will be cancelled and you will be informed via SMS or email two days before the starting date. Alternatively, we may re-schedule the course to get more enrolment or still offer the course for 4 students with a slightly higher tuition fee with your agreement.
- If the course is cancelled due to low Enrolment, you will automatically receive 10% off next time when you enrol again into the same course.